Policy key definitions:
- "I", "our", "us", or "we" refer to the business, Attraction Passes is a trading name of Travelbuzz and is a trading division of Hays Travel Limited.
- "you", "the user" refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner's Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases.
We are exempt from registration in the ICO Data Protection Register because we are only processing personal data for the core business purposes.
Lawful basis: Consent
The reason we use this basis: It is used for processing orders, sending the tickets out as well as being able to email or telephone yourselves if needed on the order.
When you place an order with Attraction Passes, your name, e-mail address, delivery address and your contact telephone number are collected in order to process and fulfil your orders and to notify you of your order status. The payment details are not stored at all by Attraction Passes and it is sent to the payment processor Pay360, which may include credit or debit card number, expiry date & security code to authorise and process your payment.
We process your information in the following ways: The address is used as a mailing address and contact details (email/telephone) are used if we need to contact the client.
Data retention period: We will continue to process your information under you withdraw consent or it is determined your consent no longer exists.
Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties.
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Other Information Pertaining to you - Attraction Passes may collect other information from you such as any email messages you send to us, transcripts of any live chats you take part in and Attraction Passes may also record any telephone conversations you may have for training, legal obligations, warranty and improvement purposes.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here;
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Cookies that we use are;
- To maintain sessions
- Google Analytics
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
We use Google Analytics for analytics, who provide their own privacy policies and cookie opt-out.
Transparent Privacy Explanations
We have provided some further explanations about user privacy and the way we use this website to help promote a transparent and honest user privacy methodology.
Email marketing messages & subscription
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the "Processing of your personal date" above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an EMS, email marketing service provider. An EMS is a third party service provider of software / applications that allows marketers to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracking beacons / tracked click-able links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as; times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR and the PECR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (un-subscribe) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time. See any marketing messages for instructions on how to un-subscribe or manage your preferences, you can also un-subscribe from the newsletter via the subscription form on the site as well as on your account page, otherwise contact the EMS provider.
Our EMS provider is; Mailchimp. We hold the following information about you within our EMS system;
Subscription time & date
General Security issues
Access Control & Authentication - Attraction Passes uses access control systems to ensure only authorised employees and business partners have access to your information that is limited to what is needed for carrying out their job. Each individual with access has to provide access credentials in order to gain access to the systems which are monitored.
Just as Attraction Passes employees and business partners can gain access to your personal information, Attraction Passes site may also provide you with account facilities where you can customise and improve your user experience and manage any customizable settings as well as view your own account information.
In order to provide this service Attraction Passes invite you in the first instance to create an account using your email and password, which you can do or on your order the account will be created for you with the details sent to the email used on the order. If you have an account and attempt to create a new order when you are not logged in it will be linked to your account for you. Attraction Passes would ask that you maintain the confidentiality of these credentials just as we do ours to help prevent unauthorised access.
Attraction Passes offer the following tips to keep your log in details secure:
- Enable TFA (Two Factor Authorisation) for your account
- Make your password strong - the longer and more complicated it is the harder it is for others to guess or crack, use a passphrase with non-alphanumeric characters or why not use a password manager.
- Don't share passwords with anyone.
- Don't re-use passwords on multiple online accounts as once a password is compromised if the details are used on another account. It can be used to gain unauthorised access allowing them learn more about you which can then be used for fraud/identity theft.
- Encryption - Attraction Passes uses data encryption to ensure safe and secure transactions. The Attraction Passes site is secured using industry standard Transport Layer Security (TLS, versions 1.1 and 1.2 currently) technology which creates an encrypted link between the web server and your browser ensuring that all data passed between us remains private and secure.
In order to be able to generate this encrypted link (signified by a padlock in the address bar), a web server requires an TLS Certificate.
TLS certificates confirm two essential factors:
- That you have a secure SSL/TLS (encrypted) link with our website.
- That the website owner is a valid and legitimate organisation.
The site makes use of HSTS (HTTP Strict Transport Security) so you should always be connected to the site with the padlock in view.