Ancient Rome Tour: Colosseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill with Pick-up
* Tickets to the Colosseum and the archaeological area
* Professional guided walking tour
* Wireless audio headsets
* Pickup from centrally located hotels
* Food or beverages
* Optional gratuities
Walk in the footsteps of giants on this guided tour through the heart of the Roman Empire. Travel back in time, embraced by 360 degrees of jaw dropping Roman architecture. Learn the history behind it all, from the minute to the magnificent.
Pause to contemplate the genius that took the Colosseum from concept to reality in 70/80 AD, centuries before the advent of modern engineering. Once the most famous meeting place in the world, the amphitheater is estimated to have once held 50,000/80,000 spectators. Your Gray Line pass will allow you to skip hours of long lines to enter the Colosseum directly. Once inside, breathe in the bloody past of the edifice, brought to life again by your passionate, expert guide. Standing for nearly two millennia, the structure has been a symbol of both glory and scorn, serving vastly different purposes over the course of history.
Just outside, you'll see the magnificent Arch of Constantine. Continuing the walking tour, discover the excavated ruins of the Roman Forum archaeological site, where many structures remain intact to this day. For a city founded in 753 BC, this is no small feat. Continue exploring the breathtaking Palatine Hill, ending your tour with a deeper connection to the history of Rome and a strong foundation of knowledge. On the Palatine Romulus and Remus were found by a she-wolf that kept them alive; this is how Rome received its name - from Romulus, the legend has it. On the other hand Rome might derive its name by the Etruscan word Rhumon for river. We will never know. What we know is that Rome has gained in popularity over that last 2,000 years and has now proven that the nickname of Eternal City fits it just perfectly.
We will bid you farewell to continue exploring the area on your own or return to your hotel.
* For security reasons the site’s Staff has the right to refuse the entrance of Visitors without a valid Passport or ID: please carry a valid document to avoid any inconveniences.
* hotel transfer servicePickup service is provided from centrally located hotels. Please write us an e-mail 24 hours before the tour starts to arrange your pickup time. Hotel pickup may be as early as one hour prior to tour start time. Please be ready in your hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to agreed pickup time.
* If your hotel or accommodation is not served you can reach the Gray Line-I Love Rome office in via Vittorio Emanuele Orlando 95, opposite the Grand Hotel, Metro A Line (red line), Repubblica stop.
* Due to heightened security measures, you may experience delays in clearing security checks when entering the venue.
* The archaeological area involves walking on medium-hard floors, please wear comfortable shoes and be ready for rain or shine.
* The areas are not wheelchair accessible and not suitable for individuals who have difficulty walking.
* This tour ends in the Colosseum vicinity.