Codega: Secrets & Legends of Venice Carnival
* Qualified tour guide
* Earphones if necessary
* 1 frittella (Venetian doughnuts) per person
* Food and beverage
* Hotel pickup/drop off
An evening walk to discover unusual routes with the legends and anecdotes of the magical Venetian Carnival.
An atypical experience inspired by a key figure of the Venetian tradition, the "codega". This man was a servant with a lantern, whose task was to precede the nobles along their path, making scoundrels go away while entertaining nobles with stories and curious facts. It seems that the term "codega" comes from "cotica", the pork rind with which the flame of the lamp was lighted. However, its origin come from the Greek word "odegos", which means "guide".
Your codega will guide you through a winding path through a maze of narrow streets, where you can live an intimate experience of a more hidden Venice, listening to the most curious stories of the Carnival. A journey through time that will allow you to live back in time, savoring the true meaning of the Venetian Carnival.
At the end of the visit, Venetian frittelle for everyone!
This tour is especially recommended for mystery lovers, but especially for Carnival lovers!
* This tour does not include entry to the main sites and will take place completely outside
* Comfortable shoes and clothing are recommended
* No refund will be accepted for no shows or late arrivals.
* Min 2 – Max 15 people
* The tour will take place also with rain, in the event of exceptional high tide it might be cancelled and refund will be provided